The Siththars of Eezham and my distress

Author: தோழி / Labels: ,

I am writing this post with lot of hesitation only. My notion is not to point out or to hurt anyone. I am just talking about this point which was pricking my heart, with a hope that at least after this there might be any positive impact.

Already I have written a post about the Siththars of Eezham, those who missed it out can find it in the post, The Siththars of Eezham - An introduction. Like the Siththars of Tamilnadu, the Siththars of Eezham are also expertise in medicine, alchemy, astrology, mantras. We have found so many evidences that could assure its right.

As they did not have much following, the information regarding the Siththars of Eezham were not known much and they did not attain much fame. Because of this reason only, all the books of the Siththars of Eezham  have come to an end with their disciples only. Though many of them have got those books of those Siththars with them right now, they are not interested to share with everyone.

In my own experience, when I asked some of the people I know to share the books that they have got about the Siththars of Eezham, their convincing reply was, “ The Siththars never wished to reveal these books, if they really wished for it on a day, then it will be coming out on that day by itself”. On my own attempts till now I was able to collect only 23 songs of the Siththars.

In all those songs, thoughts and their language they used reveals their intelligence. Most of the people in Colombo will have the evidences related to the Siththars of Eezham. But it is a curse to Eezham Siththar literature that they are hesitant to share it with everyone.

Very few books have been written on the Eezham Siththars so far. Only two to three books have been published.  In those books also the authors have not produced the songs of the SIththars. May be they have also got the same experiences that I have got.

Hence with this post, my sincere request is that those who have got the songs of the Siththars or got information about it please do share it with everyone.

I am sharing the two songs that I have related to the Siththars of Eezham.

"பற்றுமர்றொன்றி பற்றுடன் பற்றிநிப்பார்
patrumatronri patrudan patrinhippaar
பெற்றபேறென பேணிப் பெற்றியனாவர்
petrapaerena paenip petriyanaavar
கற்றுணர்கலை ஞானம்காதலாய்கண்டுணர்வர்
katrunarkalai gnanamkaathalaaikandunarvar
செற்றுவாழ்வர் சிவனை நினைத்தாலே
setruvaazhvar sivanai nhinaiththaalae"

"சிவாயிரெண்டு குருதேவரின் ஞானக்கண்களாகி
sivaayirendu kurudevarin gnanakkankalaagi
நயனதீட்சை செய்திட "ய" குருவிலடங்கிட
nayanatheetchai seythida "ya" kuruvilangida
"நம" இரெண்டும் திருவடி தீட்சையாலொடுங்கும்
"nama" irendum thiruvadi theetchaiyaalodungum
"சிவாயநம" என்னும் திவ்ய மந்திரத்தாலே
"Sivaayanama" ennum thivya manthiraththaalae".

Translated by - சந்தியா