Sathuragiri Mountain – Series will continue!

Author: தோழி / Labels:

We cannot wind up the information about the Sathuragiri Mountain in just 24 posts. All the information that I shared so far has to be considered as an introduction only.

There is an opinion that the Sathuragiri Mountain is a land of secrets and the supernatural things. The attraction towards the unbelievable stories about the Sathuragiri Mountain from the puranas have hidden the real greatness of the mountain.

The discoveries of the great people who have spent all their life in researches and clarifications have been documented in the Tamil of their period itself. My interest is to document all those in current Tamil. At this point of time, I wanted to give an introduction about the Sathuragiri Mountain and hence I wrote these series about Sathuragiri Mountain. I strongly believe that I have did my job sincerely.

I started writing this post with hesitation only. Since it is a place which I have never seen before and so it was little tough to write. All the posts that have been documented so far are written for commercial factors only in the heart warming mood. I have told about it in the initial posts.

Most of the information about the Sathuragiri Mountain in the web is the experiences of the journey of an individual only. The only chance I have is the songs of the Siththars. The search of the songs about the Sathuragiri Mountain from the songs of Siththars is like searching for a lost pin in a grand festival. All these are not possible in one day. It is the collection of my study since ten years.

Initially my worry was that if all these information would match to the present day’s situation. But the friends who wrote on the comments and those sent emails said that all the information is honest and that brought me eagerness and interest to proceed further. So I wish to thank all the friends who encouraged me.

There is so much of information left out to share about the Sathuragiri Mountain. It requires the effort of one lifetime. Definitely an individual cannot do it. All those who are interested can unite and do.

I believe that the right way is not to just collect the information but to collect and compare them with other factors. So that it improves the trustworthiness of the research and then proceeding will be the proper way. With the information that I have shared so far, anybody can proceed to the further steps. If I have the blessings of the guru even I shall make attempts to do such researches in future.


Share this information with your friends who are interested. This will help in collecting all the information about the Siththars together. If we are able to collect all the informations about the Siththars and gather them as single one, so that it would cause benefit to the future generation.

With the completion of the introduction about the Sathuragiri Mountain, I shall start writing about each one of them in detail after a period of time. I thank for the continuous encouragement and support.

What do you think about samudrika lakshanam? Is it true? What did the Siththars tell about this?

Yes, the next post is about this only.

Original – www.siththarkal.com
Translated by சந்தியா